In the beginning...

So this is it.  The first post of a blog that has been long conceived and pondered but never actually made publication.

Until now.



Wander.



When we started our journey here in Hong Kong it was with a sense of adventure.  I knew I had always wanted to live abroad and opportunity presented itself very readily for it to happen for both our career paths.  We arrived with a baby in situ and before long, the two of us became three became four and we had doubled the size of our family.  The last four years have been a rich experience as I moved from work to motherhood.  It has been a steep learning curve.  There have been huge adjustments to my expectations about everything.  Parenthood.  Culture.  Marriage.  Lifestyle.  The size of a home.  The necessity of elevators in train stations.  

This is precisely why the experience of living abroad and raising my family in another culture is invaluable to me.  These opportunities are life changing and have shaped my world view and I hope it will enrich my children's lives too.  Travel gives us a unique chance to wander and explore our world.  We deliberately choose our holidays to mimic living life as a local for this reason whether it be a rental home or self driving.  I hope to share some of our adventures past, present and future here.


Full.

It has become apparent to me that the heart knows no bounds to fullness especially when it comes to having children but the same I believe can be said of travelling.  I write this blog with a heart full of stories, experiences, ideas, love and laughs.


Free.


Now that the baby years of motherhood are behind me I think this is a good time to start recording our adventures and sharing what we have learnt too.  We usually take a very flexible attitude towards our holiday plans to accommodate changes in weather and toddler mood swings too.  This is not to everybody's cup of tea.  But we prefer to be free of a fixed itinerary, to explore the neighborhood and discovery hidden gems rather than fit in tourist attractions.

So here we go.




  




Comments

  1. Cannot wait to read all your blogs as you share your genuine travel stories! Love your matter of fact writing style that is sprinkled with just the right amount of humour ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your friendship and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts